Meet Dr. John Nikas
“I always strive to keep abreast of the latest techniques and innovations while providing gentle compassionate care. Your comfort and experience is my highest priority.”
He has earned the following distinctions:
• Diplomate, American Board of Periodontology
• Diplomate, Examiner, American Board of Oral Implantology
• Fellow, American Academy of Implant Dentistry
• Member, American Academy of Periodontology
• Member, International Team of Implantology
Education & Experience:
Dr. John Nikas received his B.S. in Biology from the University of
Pittsburgh in 1983, where he also received his DMD in 1986. He
went onto receive his certification in periodontology from Temple
University Dental School. Dr. Nikas is a board certified
periodontist and is a Diplomate of the American Academy of Oral
Dr. Nikas has been placing implants since 1990 and has extensive
training in all aspects of implant dentistry. He has place thousands
of implants through the years.
Dr. Nikas practiced in Pittsburgh for 18 years in his own specialty
practice in addition to collaborating with other specialty groups.
He moved to the Philadelphia area in 2006.
John R. Nikas D.M.D.